Late Day Program
Late Day Program Parent/-Student Handbook*
The Late Day Program provides a service to the students attending St. Agnes School. This program strives to provide an enjoyable atmosphere with varying activities, including vigorous play, indoor games and homework time. The program is staffed by St. Agnes personnel, governed by the school discipline code and is overseen by the Principal. The Late Day Program reserves the right to change, or update policies in regards to the operation of the Program. Parents will be notified in writing if changes are made.
The St. Agnes Late Day Program will operate on all school days EXCEPT the First Half Day of School, Grandparents Day in September and the last day of school. Students ARE TO BRING A SACK LUNCH to Late Day on 11:30 a.m. dismissal days. There will be NO Late Day on non-school days.
If a child regularly attends the Late Day Program and there is a change in the child’s schedule, please notify the classroom teacher.
If a child becomes ill or injured during Late Day, parents will be telephoned and asked to pick up their child as soon as possible.
Any necessary conferences with a classroom teacher who is on duty in Late Day are to be scheduled at a time convenient for both parties and not during the Late Day program.
Parents/guardians check-out their children from the Late Day Program by signing their child’s time card after a staff member clocks them out. Only authorized parents and people so designated, in writing by the parents, are allowed to check out the children from the Late Day Program. Authorized persons may be asked to produce identification.
Students are to be checked out of the Late Day Program no later then 5:45 p.m. daily. There will be a $3.00 per minute charge, for any student who is not picked up by 5:45 p.m. If a parent is late more than once a week, the principal will meet with the parent. If the lateness of a parent becomes a repeated problem, the Late Day Program will no longer be available to the family involved. Teachers need to leave on time as their day is also ending. In case of emergency, please call a Late Day staff member at 217-415-1304.
Check-in is immediately following dismissal. ALL PERSONAL ITEMS, CLOTHES AND UNIFORMS ARE TO BE LABELED WITH THE CHILD’S NAME. There is a designated place for the children's clothes, coats and book bags. The Late Day Program is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Children are allowed to bring a change of clothes for Late Day. Children need to have a canvas bag, marked with the student’s name, for school clothing to be put in when clothes are changed.
The program provides a snack each day for the children. Children may also bring their own additional snack. SODA IS NOT ALLOWED. Snacks should be nutritional.
Activities include: Snack / Outside play / Gym / Games /Computer Time / Art Time / Quiet time / Homework time / Board games / Drawing / Reading and Clean Up.
- Every child is expected to abide by the rules of the Program, respect staff members, other students and all property. Each child is unique and valuable; therefore, every child is to be treated with respect, love and concern.
- If a child violates these standards, he/she will be removed from the group and placed in a time-out. If the child does not respond to this action and behavior problems persist, a staff member will give a BEHAVIOR IMPROVEMENT FORM. This form is to be signed by the parent and returned with the child. If the form is not returned the next time the child attends the Program, the child will be required to telephone a parent. The Principal will see a child who continues inappropriate behavior. Should problems continue, a conference will be scheduled with the child’s parents.
A child may not leave the supervision of a staff member without expressed permission.
Foul language or profanity is not tolerated.
- Biting, spitting, pinching, hitting, kicking, bullying or bodily harm to another individual is not acceptable behavior.
- Appropriate behavior is expected in the restrooms.
- Running in the halls is not permitted.
- Each child is expected to help clean up his/her toys and/or area before being released for the day.
If a child damages Late Day materials or supplies, the parent is responsible for the cost of those items. This would include the kicking of balls into the gym rafters or onto the school roof.
Late Day provides games and toys for the children. If a child wishes to bring an appropriate game or toy, he/she may do so for use in the cafeteria. However, Late Day is not responsible for missing or damaged toys. The toy is to be labeled with the child's name.
- Use of cellular phones, pagers, and iPods or CD players with headphones are not allowed during Late Day.
- Discipline regulations established by St. Agnes School apply to the Late Day Program, when conduct is not covered by the above guidelines. Every parent has signed the Discipline Agreement Policy for the school and is required to adhere to these policies in reference to the Late Day Program.
Health & Safety
(Also, see Medication Policy in the School Handbook.)
If a child is required to take prescription medication during Late Day, parents must complete and return the form for permission to dispense medication. Additional forms are available from the school office. Only prescription medication may be given to children and only if a permission form is on file. All medication must be in its original container. CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE ANY MEDICATION IN THEIR POSSESSION, with the exception of an inhaler for asthma. Please make a notation on page 5 if a child carries an inhaler.
Parents of children with special diet problems should give written notification of any "forbidden" foods at the time of registration. Late Day will follow the guidelines for nutritious snack as required in the St. Agnes/Diocesan Wellness policy.
- An annual enrollment fee is required when a child is enrolled in the Program. The enrollment fee is $20.00 for a single child or $30.00 for a family of 2 or more.
- The daily cost, per child, of the Late Day Program is:
Parents will be charged from the time a child is checked into Late Day, until the time he/she is checked out by a Late Day staff member on duty.
- Overtime Fee - The program closes promptly at 5:45 p.m. If you are late, staff members will stay with your child until you arrive. After 5:45 p.m. you will be charged $3.00 per minute per child.
- Parents are billed every two weeks. Payments are due upon receipt of the bill. Bills are sent home with the youngest or only child.
- Payments are to be made by check payable to St. Agnes Late Day Program. If parents have a problem or question about charges, please contact the Late Day Administration by calling the school office (793-1370). A $5.00 late fee will be assessed after 30 days on all bills overdue.
- Any unpaid accounts left over 45 days will result in a contact from the Principal and possible dismissal from the Late Day Program until the account is caught up.
- All accounts are to be paid in full by the second Friday in June.
- Since the Late Day program is under the direction of the Principal, any overdue bills left in July and August will be brought to his/her attention. The principal will contact families to work out a payment plan during the summer months.
- All unpaid accounts will result in the child not being accepted back into the Late Day program for the following school year, unless the Principal grants permission for special circumstances with an individual family.
The first week of January, a letter will go out to all parents enrolled in the Late Day Program informing them that if they would like a statement showing paid accounts for the previous year, Late Day Administration must have a signed note asking for this by the end of January.
*Documents available for download on this page require Adobe Reader.