Mr. Wilson

 

8B - Mr. Daniel Wilson

The three years of junior high theological development approach the topics of our Abrahamic roots, the call of Christian discipleship, and the students sacramental/vocational placement within the Church globally.

Sixth grade religion deals with what roots us as Christians in the Bible. The roots we have are planted in the 72% of the Bible’s Old Testament which is necessary to understand to be able to grasp the fullness of the Christian call within the other 28%. We will be exploring the Religious and the Historical approaches to the scriptures to find a solid footing to build up the student’s faith and their reason.

7th grade religion deals with the call of Christian Discipleship within in the New testament. This call occurs throughout the Gospel stories culminating in the 28th chapter of the Gospel of Matthew, “Then Jesus approached and said to them, “All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” We will be working daily to develop the skills needed to stand up and be the voice of Christ in the world occurring in front of us; not just in some hypothetical scenario.

8th Grade religion deals, what can be viewed at a distance, with the students sacramental and vocational place in the Church. We will be dealing the Church from her beginning at Pentecost through her history, encompassing her teachings and tradition. We will be exploring, in class and beyond, the mission of the church which Jesus entrusted us with upon our baptism.

Throughout this journey from 6th to 8th grade we will be working on skills such as: research, reflection, writing, comprehension, problem solving, abstract and concrete interaction, and many more. Much of these skills are meant to be cross curricular, which I will continue to encourage, to benefit the students’ academic growth in a holistic manner.

 

E-mail Teacher